Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oahu Reflections

Today marks the day that I am finally tapped out of images I could pull out of my library. from places I have visited in the past before starting this blog. Future posts will be places I have recently visited or revisited. That said, lets have one last blast as I touch briefly on a few more spots.
 
Paepae O He'eia

An Ahu recreated mauka He'eia

Waterfall on the way to Ka'au Crater

Tent home in a cave on Lahilahi Point.

H3 Freeway as viewed from Aiea Loop Trail

Back of Moanalua Valley

Pohaku Pa'akiki in Waimanalo

Healing with warm Noni on my swollen elbow

The Royal Hawaiian Band performing on the Iolani Palace grounds

Under a tree in Moanalua Gardens

What looks like a burial mound in Manoa near Kuka'o'o Heiau but not in the Castle Home property.

Pu'u Omao Pa Ilina hawaiian cemetary in Moanalua behind Senetor Sakamoto's home.
I will do a section on this hill in the future as it alludes to the "house of bones" in the old stories of this district.

A private pier in Maunalua Bay

Burmeister Overpass in Kalihi Valley over LikeLike Hwy.

The remains of the Diving pole that was set up at Allen Davis or Pele's Chair Beach.

West side blow hole on the path to Kaena Point from Yokohama Bay

Could I call this the Yee aumakua? It's my late grandfather's in Kapahulu. No one knows where he got it from. Now it sits in my Uncle's backyard just a few streets down from my grandpa's. 


The historic first lychee tree in Hawaii brought here by Chun Afong. A self made millionaire during the time of the Hawaiian Monarchy. He lived here with his wife Julia Fayerweather and their 16 children, all pinnacles in history! House bill HR218 set up preservation over this tree and another one on the Nuuanu Shopping Plaza property. Lion's Cafe and now the relocated Radio Shack had to build around it.
 

Lemi Spring Memorial in "Happy Dog Park" Moanalua Gardens. The spring, now covered by the freeway, fed Moanalua's vast Lo'i.  

No comments:

Post a Comment