Saturday, March 2, 2013

...More cannons

 As I was updating this blog a friend of mine, Kevin Braekevelt walked into our shop at work and wanted to show me some pics he took at a recent installation... Cannons! Sometimes I think I'm riding the wave of destiny with the timing of my discoveries. These cannons are at a lawyers home in Kahaluu, Stuart.  We called him from the shop and he explained to us that they were from the Hawaiian Dredging Construction Company and collected from the bottom of Honolulu Harbor and Lahaina Harbor. Some of which are still in Kahana Bay stuck in the reef. They had a short service as ballast on ships and then stood idle at sand island for about 30 years until Stuart got a hold of them. I plan to pay him a visit soon to see what else he has in his collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment